About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Rimmel: Natural Bronzer +Minerals in 021 Sun Kissed

The Breakdown

Brand-Rimmel

Color-Natural Bronzer + Minerals in 021 Sun Kissed

Thoughts-So this is a Pixiwoo made me do it post. I was watching one of Sam's earlier videos when she showed her makeup products/storage and she said that she really liked the Rimmel bronzers. I'm as tan as I ever want to be, but I was curious about bronzers and wanted to pick up an affordable one and once Sam rec'd it, it was all systems go.

Unlike most drugstore bronzers I've seen, this one seems to have a noticeable pink undertone to it. I think this is why it works the best on my skin. It's not orange-y at all, so I can't see anyone going wrong with this one, unless your skin tone is much darker than the bronzer is. The reason I love it so much is that the slight pink undertone neutralizes my morning sallowness to de-zombify my face but is not so dark that it still looks good later on in the day, when my face goes back to normal. It takes a bit of practice to figure out how much to layer so that it makes the seamless morning-normal transition, but once you're there you are golden.

I usually apply it on my cheeks, temples, jawline and a bit on my chin, and I have not been so happy with a YouTube inspired purchase as I am with this. It's just a few shades darker than I am, so it provides a really subtle hint of color to where ever I apply it. On days when I can't be bothered to put makeup on I throw this on to not look like an 8am zombie and a little eyeliner on my waterline and I'm out the door. Seriously, nothing but this on my face and I look awake. It is a miracle bronzer.

It goes on quite smoothly and is not chalky at all. You can't build up the color past what it is in the pan, so anyone darker than NC37 should take a look at the next shade up. It has a nice sheen to it, but no glitter, and is not a completely matte bronzer. Rather, it has a completely natural finish, which is what makes it so great.

Overall-This product is amazing if you have skin the same color as mine (NC35-37 and asian). If you are afraid of bronzers or want to have a go at it, I say pick this sucker up.

Star Rating- 5/5, It's perfect to combat my AM zombie complexion.

Swatches
The packaging...clearly it has been dropped

Label time!

Here's the bronzer, I've used it enough that the sun imprint is halfway gone!

Swatches: Single on the Left, Multi on the Right


No comments:

Post a Comment