About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Monday, December 20, 2010

ORLY: Rage

The Breakdown
Brand-ORLY

Color- Rage

Thoughts- I bought China Glaze's gold nail polish in the 2010 Holiday collection and found that I loved the metallic finish. This led my to go on the hunt for other polishes with the same outcome.

From what I can tell, this is a permanent color in the ORLY line, though it is being promoted this year as one of three colors to rock on New Years, I think the others are a gold and a silver metallic.

The color is a muted rose gold, that shifts to either side of the scale depending on what light your hands are in. It's lovely and I found myself always looking down at my hands to see what the effect was. The darker the lighting, the rosier the color seemed.

I do have to say that it goes on quite sheer and really does need 3-4 coats in order to get it even and opaque. If you don't work fast enough, the polish does tend to be a bit streaky. I don't know if that's unique to this polish or if all ORLY polishes require that many coats, I'll have to pick up a few more and test out that theory.

It lasts about as long as the CG polishes do, about 4 days (which is amazing considering I have class in a lab and am constantly doing things with my hands) with a good quality top coat.

Overall- I love it and I hope to try more polishes that have this amazing finish. It is definitely on my recommendation list.

Star Rating- 4/5, would have been higher if it was another 2 coat polish.

Swatches
In the shade


In natural sun light

No comments:

Post a Comment