About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Monday, December 20, 2010

Revlon: PhotoReady Makeup in 008 Golden Beige

The Breakdown
Brand- Revlon

Color- PhotoReady Makeup in 008 Golden Beige

Packaging- A glass container with the all too important pump. Be careful though, a full pump will disperse far too much product, even for a round face like mine.

Thoughts- I think this product is falls into the love/hate category. Some people love it and others hate it. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing which one you are without trying it for yourself.

I used the Temptalia Foundation Matrix coupled with an online review I found, I can't for the life of me find the blog I used, to pick out the right color. Unfortunately, things did not turn out as I would have hoped. I did notice that the numbering in the color system was a bit weird (high numbers do not always mean a darker color), but there was a fair mix of pink, neutral and yellow based shades.

The foundation applies quite easily and you don't need very much to get a really good level of coverage. You can continue to layer it to achieve full coverage, but I found that it looks more and more porcelain and fake as the layers are schlepped on.

In terms of how it sets, the foundation itself settles to a nice satin finish. It is not dewy nor is it supremely matte. It is a very nice natural finish. It does, however, have a good bit of shimmer running through it. I thought previous bloggers and reviewers were exaggerating, but there is so much shimmer in such large chunks that they catch the light in photos and are visible from as little as a foot away in real life.

Overall- I must admit that I do not wear this on its own. Frankly, I picked out the wrong color (it was waay to light/porcelain) and the sparkles, while in essence a good idea, just did not work for me at all. Of course, I fell bad not using it and seeing as I can't return it, I'm mixing the smallest amount in with my Neutrogena Healthy Skin just to make the finish a tad less dewy.

Star Rating- 3/5... I love the finish, though the trial of color matching and the sparkles put me off.

Swatches
Bottle


Pump

Heavy, then blended swatch.




Heavy, then blended swatch in the shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment