About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MAC: Select Cover-Up in NC35

The Breakdown

Brand- MAC

Color- Select Cover-Up in NC35

Packaging- A little squeeze tube with a pointed nozzle

Thoughts- This was the first MAC product I purchased. EVER. I got it to cover the redness around my nose and occasional redness on my forehead.

The product is just thick enough to give the coverage you need without having to layer it on or it looking cakey. It is a liquid concealer, so keep that in mind if you can a preference when it comes to textures. A little goes a long way with this stuff, so use sparingly.

The concealer dries to a matte finish, which may or may not be a good thing. If I am wearing a dewy foundation, I do apply this first just so the foundation covers the matte finish. If I've got nothing else but concealer on, then the matte finish is fine, but I find that dewy foundation + matte concealer over =weird looking skin.

I have found, through trial and error, that it is best applied using the tips of your fingers to gently pat it on. The combined heat between your face and fingers helps to loosen up the product slightly and allows you to use less product than a brush would. It also blends better with your fingers than it does when you use a fluffy brush (a la pixiwoo).

Overall- I love this stuff. It is exactly the right shade I need to conceal any redness around my nose. Unfortunately, I have a bit of occasional redness in the V of my brow and when I tried to cover it up I found that this product breaks me out in that area. It's my go to for non-foundation days when I only have time to cover the redness around my nose, slap on a bit of bronzer and a coat or two of mascara. I don't have acne prone skin so I can't tell you whether or not it covers blemishes well.

Star Rating- 4/5...If only it didn't break my forehead out.

Swatches



Heavy swatch on the left, blended out on the right


No comments:

Post a Comment