About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maybelline: Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector in Medium

The Breakdown
Brand-Maybelline

Color- Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector in Medium

Packaging- Double ended tube with a sponge tip applicator on the concealer end and a brush on the highlight side.

Thoughts- This product has grown on me. I was looking for a drugstore concealer to use so that I wouldn't go through my MAC Select Cover-up too quickly so I found this via hours of YouTube research. I was NOT a fan in the beginning, originally I thought it was too cakey and thick and I hated it.  I had just started with using concealer and it turns out all of my dislike was due to my inability to apply concealer correctly.

The concealer end is holds a thick, but liquid, concealer. Unfortunately the product doesn't come in many colors (four, I think) so I lucked out when 'Medium' was good enough for me. It ever there was a time that 'a little goes a long way' should be applied, it should be with this. If you're not careful, it will cake up in no time.

The highlighter end is somewhat tricky. It's meant for under the eyes but it does nothing but settle in creases and look caked on. I don't like it at all, either this is the wrong texture for an under eye brightener or it should be advertised as a liquid face illuminator. Regardless, I'm not liking it.

Overall- The concealer itself is nice, but the highlighter isn't all that great. For the price you pay, I don't think it is worth buying a product that is only half-good.

Star Rating- 2/5, The concealer is nice but just not a very good value.

Swatches



The Highlighter
Heavy on the left, blended out on the right



The Concealer
Heavy on the left, blended out on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment