About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maybelline: Roller Color in 14KT Shimmer

The Breakdown

Brand-Maybelline

Color- Roller Color in 14KT Shimmer

Packaging- A little tube with a roller ball end.

Thoughts- So no joke, this stuff is weird. I thought I hated it, but now that I figured out how to work with it, it's not so bad.

The shade itself is a nice yellow gold, that is not too bright. The texture of the product was a surprise to me, it felt more like glitter than it did a powder shadow. To be honest, when I bought it, I thought it was a liquid-to-powder formula, but it was straight up powder.

The application was patchy, but I found that if you point the roller ball end toward the floor and shake it up and down, you can get a denser amount of product onto your lid. The applicator is large though, so this is obviously not for those who want precise application.

Overall- I thought this would be nice for an out the door pop of color, but that's not really how this product works. Its best used as a source for gold sparkle over shadows. The application is alright once you get used to it, but I was hoping for a little more in terms of possible uses.

Star Rating- 2.5/5...I can't get over how hard it is to use.
Swatches



Single on the left, Attempted (but failed) multi on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment