About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Neutrogena: Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation in Fresh Beige

The Breakdown
Brand- Neutrogena

Color- Healthy Skin Liquid Foundation in Fresh Beige (70)

Packaging- A sturdy glass container that is, sadly, lacking a pump.

Thoughts- So I used the Temptalia Foundation Matrix to figure out what color I was in this foundation. To be honest, this is the first drugstore foundation I had ever tried, mainly because the idea of guessing what shade fits best is annoying. Buuuut, all my youtube research pointed me in the direction of this sucker and the sale I got it during (40% off, thank you Rite Aid) made it worth the headache.

The foundation itself has a light to medium coverage that is slightly build-able. If you try to layer it too much though, the color becomes more porcelain (lighter) than a normal application would be, so this is not the way to go if you need tons of coverage.

The finish is what drew me into the foundation in the first place. It has a subtle dewy finish that does not look unnatural or make you look like you are sweating. However, if you want the foundation to last more than 4 hours, then I would suggest a very light coat of finishing powder, over the T-zone at least. My skin is dry, but doesn't seem to soak up the foundation too quickly, but it does need that dusting of powder to keep it looking fresh.

Overall- This is a good one for me. If you want a foundation with a lighter texture and slightly dewy finish, then this is the way to go. If you are between NC37 and NC40, you'll need to get the next yellow based color up from Fresh Beige. It's just that slight bit too light and requires a good amount of bronzer to make it work for me.

Comparison- So I compared this to the only high end foundation I had at the time, Clinique Almost makeup. Both give similar finishes and coverage, though the Clinique seems to blend into the skin slightly better, so I don't have to use bronzer to fix the color match. The Clinique is slightly cooler toned and just a tad bit darker, but it's not too noticeable. I like both, but if I had to choose, I would go for Clinique over the Neutrogena.


Star Rating- 4.5/5... I like the finish, though I may try to go one shade darker next time around.

Swatches


Heavy on the left, blended on the right

Compared to Clinique Almost Makeup in Deep
HS on the left, AM on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment