About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

e.l.f.: Mineral Eyeshadow Primer

The Breakdown
Brand- e.l.f.


Product- Mineral Eyeshadow Primer


Packaging- A little tube with a doe foot wand.


Thoughts- I want to start off by saying that I do NOT own the $1 elf eyeshadow primer, so I can't really make any comparisons there. But that being said...on with it.

The primer is a flesh toned cream that proved to be a little chunky in texture. Once blended though, it smoothes down to a nice slightly powdery matte finish. The color will be a tad light for those who are darker than NC 25-30, so if your skin is darker than that don't bank on this product for simply evening the skintone on your lids.

The primer did a good job of holding onto eyeshadow when I was trying to build up a nice density of color, but because of this blending is slightly more difficult as primer really likes to hold onto the shadow. Unfortunately though, after a few hours of wear, creasing was observed, which means that the product failed in its important function.


Overall- I have slightly oily lids with a deep folded crease. This product only kept my lids matte and crease free for about 3 hours, 5 if I add in another primer. It's alright for days that I only wear makeup for a little while, but I can't see myself repurchasing this again.

Star Rating- 2/5...It only kept my lids matte for a few hours but it did help grab eyeshadows.

Swatches






No comments:

Post a Comment