About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

China Glaze: Mistletoe Kisses

The Breakdown
Brand-China Glaze


Color- Mistletoe Kisses


Packaging- Standard packaging, but with a silver cap as it was an LE holiday shade


Thoughts- This polish is a green base with a significant amount of light green and silver glitter. It is definitely glitter and NOT micro shimmer. The shade of the green base is the iconic Christmas green, one that matches it's namesake quite well. I like the multicolored glitter as I found that having two shades helped to add dimension to the polish.

This polish, along with many of China Glaze's other glitter polishes needed at least 3, maybe even 4, coats to get the color on the nails to match the color on the polish. Because of the noticeable glitter, you do need a good quality topcoat (I recommend Out the Door) if you want to smooth out the bumpy texture.

Overall- In normal day-to-day life, I find that China Glaze polishes last between 1-1 1/2 weeks on my nails. I've found that the ones with sheer bases, such as this, tend to veer toward the shorter end of the spectrum. That being said, I definitely recommend this polish, though finding an occasion to wear it outside of December might be difficult.

Star Rating- 4.5/5...I love this shade as it seems like the perfect polish for the Christmas season

Swatches


No comments:

Post a Comment