About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rimmel: Fix & Perfect

The Breakdown
Brand-Rimmel

Product- Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer

Packaging- Squeeze tube...easy to use

Thoughts- This primer starts out as a scary, orange toned cream. However, when applied the product becomes colorless and the only thing you notice is the change it has made to your skin. As a primer, this product is meant to be applied after your moisturizer has set in and before you being applying foundation/concealer. I found that Fix & Perfect created a smoother texture on my skin, which helps liquid foundations glide on and blend in more easily. For powders (foundations, color correctors, etc.) I found that having this on the skin gives the products something to stick to, giving better coverage.

Like most primers, the point of this product is to extend the wear of your foundations and give you a smooth base on which to apply them. I've found that on my dry skin, this primer can extend the longevity of my liquid foundations by about 2 hours. That being said, I gravitate toward foundations with a natural-dewy finish rather than those that are long wearing.


Overall-  I usually use this when I use powder foundations or if I'm using the e.l.f. Complexion Perfection powder in place of actual foundations. In the case of my Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation, I found that it was able to extend the wear from 9 hours to about 12. It definitely gives the powders something to cling to when you apply them, so I found that it actually boosts their effectiveness. It works really well for me and I can definitely see myself buying this instead of going the high end route.


Star Rating- 4/5...I would rate it higher if it extended the wear of my liquid foundations slightly better.

Swatches



No comments:

Post a Comment