About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Friday, September 17, 2010

China Glaze: Fifth Avenue

First Swatch Blog...Woohoo! It's fitting that the first post belongs to nail polish. I'm serious, I spend way too much money on this stuff.

The Breakdown:

Brand-China Glaze

Color-Fifth Avenue

Thoughts-Now for a while, pretty much my whole life, I've hated the color pink, but when I stepped into Sally's Beauty Supply I realized that there had to be a pink nail polish out there that I would like. Guess what? I found it.

Fifth Avenue is a deep rose color, with a cream finish. So noooo sparkle, which is a good thing because I don't think I would have liked it otherwise. It is highly pigmented, much like all of China Glaze's products, and only took 2 coats to hit that lovely opaque stage. The consistency is thin enough to be able to easily paint thin coats, but thick enough that you don't have to put on fifty to get the color you see through the bottle. Now the polish itself is supremely shiny, but you do need a top coat to prolong it, but that is how life is with all nail polishes.

Overall- I like it, it's a nice alternative to the greens, blues and blacks, which you will see, that I have in my collection. At $4.50 a bottle from Sally's (with the $5 Beauty Card you should all get) it was worth every penny and I highly recommend it.

Star Rating- 4.25/5, but only because I'm partial to crazier colors.

Swatches

The bottle

After 2 coats, no top coat. Note: Please excuse my inability to paint my nails perfectly, I am getting there though.


No comments:

Post a Comment