About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Clinique: Blue Lagoon

The Breakdown

Brand-Clinique

Color-Blue Lagoon (shadow)

Packaging- Shiny front with a nice little mirror on the inside. Standard but sturdy.

Thoughts-For a while Clinique was the only makeup brand I could wear. When I was younger there was no such thing as affordable mineral makeup and my super sensitive skin couldn't handle anything that wasn't from Clinique. Now, I'm not gonna lie, I picked this up for a debut (18th b-day party for you non-filipinos) when I was in my everything I own must be blue phase. Thankfully I've grown out of that...seriously.

I picked this up at a Clinique counter at Macy's, I don't believe in online makeup shopping unless you have already seen the color in person. It retails for $14, at least now it does, it may have been a dollar less a when I bought it a few years ago. You get a lot of product for your money, it's about 1 1/2-2 inches wide and 1/2-3/4 of an inch long and holds 0.09oz/2.5g.

This is a Clinique product and therefore it is really high quality. The shadow is soft enough that even the fluffiest brush can pick up color but not so soft that it breaks apart when the bristles touch the surface. This shadow falls in the Color Surge Super Shimmer range of Clinique shadows and, like the name states, it has boat loads of shimmer. Shimmer though, NOT glitter. The sparkle is very fine and doesn't make you look like you just threw a handful of glitter at your face. It is also difficult to build it so the payoff is true to what you see in the pan. In my experience, it seems that the Color Surge Shimmer shadows have the sheerest payoff off all of Clinique's shadows, but at the same time they do have a fair bit of pigmentation. They are about half as intense as they show in the pan when applied dry and fall just shy of hitting exactly the same color when applied wet.

The color of the shadow, Blue Lagoon, looks like a duller, grayer version of periwinkle blue with a silver shimmer. It's a really nice color when you look at it from that point of view...not so much when you compare it to my skin color. The fall down from the shimmer isn't too bad so you don't have to worry about fixing up your foundation.

Overall- It's a nice color but I just don't see myself ever wearing it again. I found that darker blues compliment my skin as well as my wardrobe a better than this. It's good quality but anyone with coloring similar to mine should probably pass on this one. Anyone with more olive toned than yellow or much lighter skin (NC 15-30) might want to swing by the counters to see it up close and in person.

Star Rating- 2.5/5, Seriously don't think I'll ever wear it again.

Swatches

The Packaging...shiiiiny

Label! You can see my camera...kinda

The Shadow

Single swatch on the left, Multi on the right. Both are dry swatches

No comments:

Post a Comment