About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

CoverGirl: Shimmering Onyx

The Breakdown

Brand-CoverGirl

Color-Shimmering Onyx

Packaging- Fairly sturdy plastic for a drugstore shadow

Thoughts- I needed a black shadow so I could practice smoking out my eyes without having 3 shadows of the same color family. I saw on youtube (pixiwoo's channel to be exact) that it didn't matter that you didn't have multiple coordinating colors for a nice smoky look, all you really need is a blendable shadow and an equally blendable black shade. Originally I wanted the NYX single shadow in Black, but I didn't have an Ulta near me at the time so I settle for this.

This shadow falls in the Single shadow line from CoverGirl. I picked it up at a local CVS for $3.29, I wasn't really looking for high quality, just something that I could practice with. In the pan, it looks like a dark black with chunky silver and black shimmer. On the lid, if you don't layer and blend it enough it comes off as a charcoal gray with silver and black sparkle. Layering gives the color intensity that I was looking for.

This is a drugstore shadow and it is black, so expect some fall out, but not nearly as much as you would think. The bigger glitter bits fall down, but the finer shimmer stays put, which is good enough for me. I use this for everything, smoking out shadows, setting liner, on its own as a shadow liner. It's amazing, the glitter/shimmer is just large enough to reflect the light and make your eyes look that much more interesting.

Overall- This is seriously one of my better shadow buys. The price and quality of this shadow blows me away, so much so that this has been upgraded from practice shadow to my official go to for a non-brown smoky eye. Get it if you need a black shadow and you can't get a hold of anything else.

Star Rating- 4.95/5, I fully recommend this one.

Swatches

The nice clear cover, made of thick plastic


The Shadow

Single on the left, Multi on the right


No comments:

Post a Comment