About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

L'OREAL: Adventurous (114)

The Breakdown

Brand-L'OREAL HIP

Color-Adventurous (114)

Packaging- Really nifty plastic packaging with the shadows in the front and a back compartment with a mirror and a sponge tip applicator

Thoughts-Ummm, it think this is one of those YouTube made me do it kind of purchases. It was one of my early drugstore shadow purchases and I probably hadn't done enough research before I sought this out. I did watch a lot of vids reviewing this, but didn't do read enough beauty blogs, and that coupled with a $5 L'OREAL HIP sale art CVS led to this purchase.

So the HIP line of products promises higher quality and highly pigmented drugstore products. I don't have a lot of personal experience, but apparently the quality/pigmentation of these duos tend to be all over the board. I only own two (the other in a cream/green that I butchered trying to depot, so it won't be making an appearance here) from this line, so I'm only going from what I've read or watched on YouTube.

The shadows themselves are silky and in the case of this duo, pretty well pigmented. As you can see from the swatches below, it is pretty easy to build up the color to exactly what you see in the pan. They have a nice sheen but no real glitter so fall out doesn't really happen.

The left is a taupe-y color with cool (by MAC standards) undertones. It's really a really neutral shade, but it is very close to my NC35-37 skin, so it doesn't show much. The right color is a bright pink with warmer (redder as opposed to bluer) undertones. It is supremely bright and intense, but goes on patchy and doesn't blend very well. I'm not a big fan of how it looks against my cool-toned (again, by MAC standards) skin.

Overall- I really don't like this. I don't see how these colors go, I've tried different lid-outer V and lid-fake crease combinations and I can't for the life of me figure out how these are supposed to be worn together. I don't think I'll ever wear the pink side and I've already relegated the taupe to brow highlight. I really wish I hadn't wasted my money and picked this up. If you are any darker than NC30 or you have yellow undertones, I would NOT recommend buying this.

Star Rating- 0.25/5, Full of fail, very bad choice on my part.

Swatches
The Front

The Label (not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of my camera's focusing ability)

The back compartment w/ included sponge tip applicator

The Shadows

The swatches- Single above, Multi below

No comments:

Post a Comment