About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stila: Warm Eye Shadow Trio Palette

The Breakdown

Brand-Stila

Color-Warm Eye Shadow Trio Palette

Packaging- Sturdy and sleek black plastic, looks like NYX eyeshadow trio packaging.

Thoughts-I got this in a Stila value pack while I was wandering the aisles of COSTCO with my dad. I was really surprised to see this at a wholesale store, but was excited none the less. It also came with a small One Step makeup same, a half size the black Smudge Pot, a deluxe sample size of Lash Visor mascara and a #30 dual ended eyeshadow brush for about $20. I think you can get the trio itself at Sephora.

Ummm, I've heard great things about Stila products, there are a few YouTube beauty gurus that love their stuff. That being my motivation, I went ahead and picked this up.

It is a trio, but I can't see myself ever pairing any of them together. The colors don't really compliment each other well. In the pan, Lame looks like a buttery yellow with shimmer, Chloe is a bronze-y metallic shade with chunks of glitter and Kitten is a pale glittery neutral pink.

The quality of these shadows drive me nuts. Lame and Chloe are pretty much poorly pressed pigments. They crumble so easily and unless you layer them, it is difficult to get anything other than glitter. The shadow itself is not that pigmented, it seems that the only color you get is from the chunky glitter. Kitten (the pink) is a lot better qualitywise, and I can see why it is such a popular Stila shadow. It does have chunky glitter, but goes on much smoother and is no where near as soft as the first two.

Overall- Meh, I'm not really feeling this. I like using Kitten on single shadow days, but I wouldn't use Lame or Chloe unless it was over a matte shadow with actual pigmentation. There is just too much glitter and they are way too soft. Be prepared to look like a resident of Pixie Hollow because even with a primer I couldn't see using them without having to spend five minutes afterward sweeping glitter off my face.

Star Rating- 2/5, I really like Kitten and the other products that came in this set made this buy worth it. I just don't like the trio itself. Lame and Chloe get absolutely no stars.

Swatches
The Front
The Label

The Shadows: L-R: Lame, Chloe, Kitten

Swatches-Single above, Multi below;(L-R: Lame, Chloe, Kitten)

Notice that it falls apart, you lose tons of product

No comments:

Post a Comment