About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

China Glaze: For Audrey

The Breakdown

Brand-China Glaze

Color-For Audrey

Packaging- Standard China Glaze Nail polish bottle.

Thoughts- I want to say that this is my first bottle of China Glaze polish ever purchased from Sally's Beauty supply...but don't quote me. I was searching for any and all creme colors from the nicer nail polish brands and I was having trouble finding anything that caught my eye...until I came across For Audrey. I saw it for the first time, a little skeptical of whether it applied well or not, so I passed in favor of some internet research. After seeing that most people got away with 2-3 coats, I was sold and hopped on the For Audrey bandwagon.

The shade itself is a somewhat familiar shade of robin's egg blue. Why is is so familiar? It's as close as you can get to the copyrighted Tiffany & Co blue with out the company suing you. The only real difference is that this polish is slightly greener than that of the famous blue box.

Once again, this is a China Glaze polish, so you are guaranteed high quality products. Oddly though, I've noticed with the lighter pastel shades they seem really thin when you first open the bottle. So in the beginning, 3 thin coats is a must, but as time moves on (abt 5-6 months) they get to about the same consistency as their other CG counterparts and remain that way...at least that's what I have noticed. I can't really give a time frame on how long it lasts as my nails grow so quick that they require a cut and polish change every 4-5 days.

Overall- I was a little worried about how this green toned blue would look against my warm toned skin, but the moment I painted this on, my worries were gone. I love the way it looks against my coloring. I would definitely recommend this to anyone NC37 or lighter but if you are darker than NC40, make sure you'll like the contrast that the pastel will create against your skin.

Star Rating- 5/5, I will definitely be repurchasing this when my bottle dies out.

Swatches

The label


My nails...sooo pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment