About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

MAC: MSF in Refined

The Breakdown

Brand-MAC

Color-Mineralized Skin Finish in Refined

Thoughts-So I picked this up on my first CCO trip, it was actually a "Congrats for surviving an 8am MCAT" reward that I bought for myself. I went in knowing I wanted a not-so-shimmery MAC MSF if I could get my hands on it...and I did. I turns out that this is one of the least glitter filled of the non-Natural MSFs.

The powder is a marbled combination of pale pink, warm brown, glittery gold and rosy pink powders. The overall effect is more of a glow/subtle highlight rather than as a blush. It gives a really nice golden sheen when it is applied. I'm not a fan of the glittery face so I use this as a highlight around the outside of my eye and on the tops of my cheeks. If I'm going out then I will layer it UNDER a matte blush to obtain that 'all over glow.'

The quality of the powder is really nice, but it is a little on the soft side so I would not go anywhere near it with a brush that wasn't from Ecotools (blush brush=win) or the e.l.f. Studio Line Complexion Brush (massive and supper fluffy). Anything stiffer/denser will both destroy the powder and apply enough of the product on your face to make you look like TinkerBell's cousin.

I also like that the veining isn't a set pattern, so it's easy to pick and choose which portions to swipe your brush across depending on the look you are going for. I think if I ever come across another MSF that I like that that will be one of the criteria. It's like having multiple products in one.

Overall-I like it. The color is not as bold as I would have hoped, I really wanted to use it as a straight blush, but that is what I get for not doing enough research beforehand. I feel like if you have lighter skin (around NC30 or below) the pinky-ness of this MSF will show up more. But if you have skin like me and you are looking for that all over glow without the two tons of glitter, I say go for it.

Star Rating- 4/5, A little more pigmentation would make it perfect.

Swatches
The Packaging

Label, label, label

The MSF, comes with a plastic protecting cover



Swatches (They are a little backward): Multi-swatch on above, Single below

No comments:

Post a Comment