About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

e.l.f: Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Black/Smoke

The Breakdown

Brand-e.l.f

Color-Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Black/Smoke

Packaging-Plastic dual ended pen thing with covers that snap on weakly. The products twists up on either side.

Thoughts-I'm not gonna lie, I bought this because Sam from pixiwoo/fashionface.tv used it in her Music Festival tutorial. I was looking for a creamy black liner to go on my waterline that wouldn't smudge on my contacts.

Both the cream shadow and the liner are very soft and creamy and they are also very pigmented. Both ends glide on easily and effortlessly and are easy to blend, but neither of them set so be ready with a translucent or matching shadow to press on top.

What you see is what you are going to get and, with the shadow, the color can be built up. Smoke is a smooth ashy gray color with silver shimmer, very appropriately named. Black is a very dark black liner.

Overall-I really wanted to like this. It just doesn't work with the fold I have in my lids. They smudge like crazy with the lightest touch and the shadow creases like nobody's business, even with a powder shadow on top. I wanted to use it as a base for a black smoky eye, but it is just the wrong product for me.

If you have absolutely no fold or crease (pretty much a monolid) these could work. I liked the colors, I just wish the formula was better.

Star Rating- 2/5, Good quality, but it doesn't work with the lids I have.

Swatches

The Packaging

Shadow side

Liner side

Swatches: Single above, Multi below

What happens when you rub it lightly. Smudge City

No comments:

Post a Comment