About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

e.l.f.: Studio Line Blush in Tickled Pink

The Breakdown

Brand-e.l.f.

Color-Studio Line Blush in Tickled Pink

Packaging- Really sturdy, NARS-copying plastic case with a half-size mirror

Thoughts-For a while, I didn't bother wearing any blush. I apply my foundation so lightly that the pink of my cheeks still shines through, so I never felt that I needed it. But I decided to branch out and pick up a cheap-o blush just to see how to apply it. Originally there was a 'coral' color from the elf studio line that I had my eye on, but my Target didn't carry that shade so I went with Tickled Pink...it is/was well worth the $3 I paid for it.

This, like all Studio Line blushes, comes in a black case that I am sure was fashioned according to NARS blush/shadow packaging. It is very sturdy, so I have no fear of dropping it. When opened, you see a small mirror in the top and the blush taking up almost the entire the bottom compartment. This is a great amount of product for the price and I suppose the mirror is useful for mid-day touch ups, but I have yet to have the need for it.

The blush itself is a really nice mid-toned pink, that is not too bright or dark. It does have a small, very small, amount of silver micro glitter mixed in, so keep that in mind if you prefer a fully matte face. The glitter is just enough to deliver a nice sheen (have you noticed that most of my stuff has a sheen rather than glitter chunks? Clearly I have some sort of preference) that is nice for everyday wear, it's not overly dramatic but has a nice enough finish to make you look awake in the morning.

I have been using this for a few months now and the only issue I have with it is that once you get past the top layer (it took about two months with daily use) you reveal a slightly chunky product. I don't know how else to describe it, but I am assuming that it is a result of being a VERY inexpensive blush and not being finely milled. Despite this, the particles are big enough that I'm not worried that my brush will pick them up, when they have been sufficiently unburied I'm sure that knocking them off will be no problem.

Overall-It's really good if you are starting out and want to go for a really, really natural look. I learned a lot about how/how not to apply blush wrt my face shape and it only set me back a few dollars. I recommend it, though if you are any darker than me, you might want to pass.

Star Rating- 3.5/5, Really nice, really natural pink for your cheeks.

Swatches
Nifty NARS knockoff packaging

The tiniest label ever

The Blush, nice mirror but I would never touch blush up in the middle of the day

Swatches: Single Above, Multi Below


No comments:

Post a Comment