About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Animal Testing

So, I'm not a super PETA member, but I do have my own thoughts against animal testing. For me, it's one thing to test new medicines on lab animals but it is a whole 'nother bag of madness when it comes to cosmetics testing. At this point in time, animal testing in the medical world is essential to the path to finding cures, but to subject an animal to chemicals for the sole purpose of developing a better eyeshadow texture just seems a bit iffy to me. But I do recognize that there are some times when there is no way around it.

So through the PETA website I have compiled a list of DRUGSTORE brands that DO NOT test on animals- be it their final products or ingredients via a third party. I realize that many of the products already in my collection that have been or will be swatched are from testing companies, but I have decided to go on and include them here on the blog.

Safe Brands-
Revlon
Wet N Wild
N.Y.C. Cosmetics
e.l.f

UnSafe-
L'oreal
Milani
Maybelline

...if you check out the site, there are many more in both categories but these are the ones that I am most likely to purchase from/find in a drugstore.

I am going to make an effort to only purchase from those companies that do not animal test, but it will be difficult as the better quality products seem to reside in the testing category. I also reserve the right to take into account my sensitive skin/eczema issues when buying base/face products such foundations and face powders. Chances are I won't be able to get around buying from a testing brand, just to ensure the my skin's health.

No comments:

Post a Comment