About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

e.l.f: Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Plum/Purple

The Breakdown

Brand-e.l.f.

Color-Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Plum/Purple

Packaging- Plastic dual ended pen thing with covers that snap on weakly. The products twists up on either side.

Thoughts-I picked this up when I bought the Black/Smoke one and had no idea what the consistency was like. Clearly, I didn't know better.

Both the shadow and the liner side are very creamy and highly pigmented. They glide on with little to no effort at all and apply just as they look in the tube. Neither side sets, so to keep the product from feeling sticky or moving around a powder shadow is necessary.

The Purple cream shadow is more like an ashy lavender than any purple I have ever seen. It also has a fine silver shimmer running through it. The Plum liner is exactly what it sounds like, a very red/pink based purple. Colorwise, both ends are quite nice.

Overall-I have the same problem with these as the Black/Smoke duo (check that review out for specifics). It just isn't the right formula for what I wanted to use it for and for the way my lids are shaped. Also you can't be an eye toucher or these duos will be a disaster.

Star Rating- 2/5, Good enough quality and will work for lids with no crease or fold, unlike mine.

Swatches
The Packaging

The liner side

The shadow side

Swatches: Single above, Multi below

Again, this stuff smudges so easily


No comments:

Post a Comment