About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wet n Wild: Color Icon in Vanity (249)



The Breakdown

Brand-Wet n Wild

Color-Color Icon in Vanity (249)

Packaging- Nice, sturdy plastic case with a completely clear cover

Thoughts-I picked this up during a RiteAid 40% Wet n Wild sale. I think the purchase was spurred on by a video by eleventhgorgeous. I'm not gonna lie, I looked down on Wet n Wild products, I just remember them being used for play makeup when I was little...my how things have changed.

The three left shadows are a matte finish with the right three are shimmer "effect" shadows. I don't think the effect shadows are meant to stand alone, rather their purpose is to be layered over the matte shadows to create a day-to-night look.

Consistency wise, the matte shadows are incredibly soft, so much so that you have to be careful when you pick up the colors. The shimmer shadows are more firmly pressed and no extra care is needed.

The matte shadows are supremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. Oddly though, the shimmer shadows, with the exception of the dark brown on the bottom, are not nearly as pigmented as the matte are. In fact, the payoff is really whatever color the shimmer is, only enough to change the finish of whatever shadow you layer it on. None of them come off as chalky and the shimmer fall out is minimal, both of which are very good things.

Color wise, the shadows fall within that nice taupe-y brown that happen to go well with my skin tone. This is the most neutral of the color icon palettes and I would think that it would look good on just about anyone.

Overall- I think it was worth the money I spent, but keep in mind that I did get it during a sale. I usually gravitate toward the lightest matte shades then combine darker one and/or 1-2 of the effect shades if I'm going somewhere. I have issues with the consistencies, but once you know which does what, it's pretty easy to work around.

Star Rating- 4/5...I've been going to this and my other Color Icon palette for no fuss days, I just wish the shadow consistencies were a bit more uniform.

Swatches


The packaging


The nifty eye diagram that I can't use because of my eye shape


Matte Shades, Single swatch on the left & Multi on the right
I don't know why I swatched them in reverse order, I did the same thing with the effects shades.

Effect Shades, Single swatch on the left & Multi on the right

No comments:

Post a Comment