About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Styli Style: Line & Seal 24hr in (121) Black Velvet



The Breakdown

Brand-Styli Style

Color-ine & Seal 24hr in (121) Black Velvet

Packaging- Standard pencil, requires a sharpener

Thoughts- Another YouTube made me do it, but this time it's from EnKore Makeup. I was looking for a liner that didn't smudge and I came across on of his videos where he used s Styli Style pencil. I have asian folded lids, where the inner corner folds completely bit from mid-to-outer it does not. I have had issues with transferring and I was looking for a liner that would not give me this problem. These are available at CVS and Rite Aid (I'm unsure about Walgreens) for about $5-7, depending on the area you live in.

The liner is a nice dark black, but doesn't go on as smoothly as I would have hoped (see swatches). It is most definitely water proof and holds for at least 4hrs on my waterline, not the advertised 24 but I don't think there will ever be a liner that holds that long on the waterline. It only smudges with a lot of pressure, which is something I was looking for. It can be sharpened with a standard makeup pencil sharpener, it does not need to be the Styli Style brand one (I use a Wet n Wild one I got on sale for $0.50).

Overall- It's good and I like it, but I have found that the NYC waterproof pencils work just as well and are priced a little less. I like the color range, but there are a lot of variations on black, with no way of knowing what the difference is. I found that it transfers after 7hrs, not 24, but I tend to use gel/cream liners on the lid just because I seem to always have transfer issues with my asian style double folding lids.

Star Rating-3.5/5, It's a good product but not the best I've come across

Swatches
Labels galore

Again with the labels

The pencil, post-sharpening

Swatches- It's a little different this time around
Left- Standard Swatch, 1 pass
Right-Swatch + high pressure rubbing
Bottom-Swatch + spritz of water + rubbing




No comments:

Post a Comment