About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

L.A. Colors: 12 Eyeshadow Palette in Supernatural


The Breakdown

Brand-L.A. Colors

Color-12 Eyeshadow Palette in Supernatural

Packaging- Another dinky plastic case that is just waiting to snap in half.

Thoughts- What was I thinking? In my defense I found it at a Dollar Tree and I liked the Traditional palette enough to give this one a try.

Every shadow in this palette has visible shimmer. Consistency-wise, the are pretty good, not too soft or hard. The color pigmentation gets better as the shades get darker, so it's alright in that regard.

My problem? It's what the colors look like when they are swatched. They look so similar that instead of a 12 color palette you actually have a 6-7 color palette. The top row swatches practically identical, the second row only gives two colors and the last (gray) row give only three. Unless you like the exact colors as they are swatched and can see yourself benefitting from multiples of each, I can't see an upside about this.

Overall- I'm whatever about this palette. I think the only reason I got it was because it was $1. Too many of the shadows look the same against the skin...this thing just seems useless to me.

Star Rating-1/5...it only gets a start because of the decent quality.

Swatches





No comments:

Post a Comment