About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Revlon: Colorstay Quad in Copper Spice (01)

The Breakdown

Brand-Revlon

Color-Colorstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow-Copper Spice (01)

Packaging- Sturdy black plastic with a clear window, comes with two sponge tip applicators

Thoughts-I bought this because I realized that I didn't want to wear BE Gal Pal with my ruby red commencement dress. So the day before I ran out to Target, saw this and took advantage of the sale price as well as an instant $1 off sticker.

I have to say that I love Revlon's Colorstay line. From the lipglosses, to the shadows and eyeliners, I love them all. what I like most is that they are such high quality products and completely worth the money, so long as you pick ones according to your skin color.

So, clearly this is a quad of complimentary colors. The first is a creamy beige, the second is a pale pink, the third is a cinnamon-y brown and the last is a dark ashy brown. They are all very smooth shadows with a slight sheen and no shimmer to speak of. When combined, they really do compliment each other, unlike some of the other quads I've seen.

Overall- If you haven't figured it out already, I love this quad. It's great because it can give a no fuss natural smoky eye AND has three great single shadow day eyes. I reach for the beige or the pink when I want to have one of those simple subtle shadow + black/dramatic liner days. The cinnamon-y one is great too as an all over lid color for shadow+mascara evenings. The darkest one has been relegated to shadow liner/outer V duty.

Star Rating- 5/5, This was a great buy, as soon as I come across another one with colors that I like I'll pick it up in a heart beat.

Swatches
The Front, Warning: MAJOR glare!

The Label, it comes with instructions!

The Shadows + 1/2 of the Included Applicators (the other is a standard "spade- shaped sponge tip)

The Swatches, Moving from top to bottom. Single Swatches above, Multi below. The lightest shadow is underlined in black liner

No comments:

Post a Comment