About

Heeeello to anyone that has magically, by magically I mean through the power that is the internet, come across this blog.
I'm starting this with the intention to provide product reviews and swatches to anyone looking for them. Nothing irritates me more when there aren't swatches of some product I'm looking into and I have to go in and buy it with the hope that it's not complete rubbish. Hopefully I can alleviate some of that stress for you people. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

LA Colors: Traditional Palette

The Breakdown

Brand-L.A. Colors

Color-Traditional 12 Eyeshadow Palette

Packaging- Not gonna lie, it sucks. It's really only a matter of time before I drop this and the plastic cover snaps off.

Thoughts-Okay, so I admit, I am kind of a brand snob. It's just, when it comes to my face, I'd rather not take my chances with products of questionable integrity. That being said, I managed to push my prejudice aside and picked this palette up at my local Dollar Tree...that's right it was $1!!! I told myself just to get it so I could get a feel for the kinds of browns/taupes/neutrals that suite my skin tone without having to shell out $14/shadow. Let me tell you, even though I am on the hunt for the perfect MAC neutral quad, I am unbelievably happy that I picked this sucker up.

The size of the palette is quite large, it's the happy medium between the 4x6 and 5x7 notecards sizes. Each shadow is slightly smaller that a 1 inch square, which is a ton of product for the price I paid. It also comes with a silly double sided sponge tip applicator, which I think is useless but for some people, it's a go-to tool.

There is a really nice range of warm neutral colors, with the exception of the extremely intense and opaque white. It's really easy to put together a simple school/work/day appropriate smoky look as the colors compliment each other well. Also, if you're lazy like me, any color from the middle two columns can be used on it's own as an all over color.

The quality of the shadows far exceeded my expectations and I am pleased that I pushed my makeup prejudices aside for this one. There are no matte shadows that I can speak of, but they are not all glittery either. The best way to describe it is when on the skin, the shadow has some sort of sheen to it. A few have a miniscule amount of microglitter in them, but nothing extremely dramatic. I like lack of glitter and the slightly shiny finish as it makes this the perfect day palette.

Overall- I was surprised with the quality of the shadows. For $1, I thought I was just asking for trouble, but the amount of shadow you get and the color payoff and range were well worth it. This is definitely good for anyone trying to beef up their neutrals or practicing daytime smoky eyes.

Star Rating- 4.5/5, Pretty darn good for the price.

Swatches

The front

The back label


The full palette

Row 1, Single swatch above and Multi swatch below

Row 2, Black Line indicates first color

Row 3

No comments:

Post a Comment